Saturday, 2 February 2019

Future words.

As i write this its now 1:30am, I have spent the last seven hours going through every link, every photograph making sure they all work and have removed anything that's dead. If you find any let me know. 

Google are now closing down Google Plus and have stopped the archive facility in Google Photos so i guess it wont be long before the links are all dead again, I will keep this page up as long as it still works.

On a more positive note i intend dragging the project out of hiatus summer 2019 for one final push, I'll post project updates here and also on my new facebook page.

Until then.........................

Wednesday, 1 August 2018

Links.

I realise most are broken on this blog courtesy of Google when they (for reasons best known to themselves) retired a perfectly great bit of software called Picasa Web Albums to replace it with the massively dysfunctional Google photos.

So with that in mind and from a number of emails in recent times asking me to re-instate the links and pics i have added two links in the right hand margin; one titled 'Keels' the other titled 'Hot Vac System'. Also there's a link on the WOA wiki site of how i built the hot vac system here.

This i hope should help flesh out what i did, apologies for the lack of annotations to the pictures they were all lost when Google had their brainwave plus to go through nine years of ramblings sorting every link would drive me insane.

And for the last time, no - my hot vac systems are not for sale or borrowing thanks.

Roger

Saturday, 1 July 2017

Words.

Thanks for the kind words, I have a couple of avenues to follow up that might restart the project but for the time being consider it over. That said I'm more than happy to answer any technical queries or any questions that may help you with your own projects. Cheers.


Sunday, 18 June 2017

You're surrounded!


I now have the forepeak insulated and all the internal hatch surrounds made up ready to go, stopped myself before fitting them as they looked boring (white) so i bust out the silver carbon and now they look ace.


Have spent the weekend gunning 2k high gloss over them after going wet on tacky three times over with reactive resins epoxy.

Just realised i haven't actually posted since Mads Dahlke from Sail Life channel on Youtube got in touch to pick my brains about how i built the homebrew hot vac system. Turns out he's got a bit of a challenge as i had drying out the hull but wants to do it without bankrupting himself.

Have had a bit of back and forth over the costs of my kit i built some seven years ago on email and realised what a bargain i got from Hawco who made my silicone rubber mats, still I've got Mads up and running and he should take delivery of his mat in a couple of weeks time & he'll save a bundle over a yard doing the work. I'll post some more when time permits..................................................

cheers

Thursday, 11 May 2017

Now i do.

It appears my memory muscle does still work, broke these two off the former last night and cleaned them up ready for processing into the storage pods for the forecabin:





cheers

Sunday, 7 May 2017

I really don't remember?

Memory is a strange thing especially with the passage of time this project has taken. I guess some of it is too hard to bear so i must have blotted alot out, its only when i've returned to a part of the project and as is now the case, i've forgotten to take any note of the measurements or the methodology that i have had to sit down and figure it out. 

Not a problem as thats essentially what've been doing for the last 9..................(memory block...............err i mean) last couple of years. Now that i have settled on a design for a couple of storage pods to be fitted up under the foredeck on either side of the forecabin - one end going to the anchor locker but the other finishing two-thirds along the length of the v-berth i wanted a resolved-looking design which naturally included a curved end seeing as it wouldn't meet the new bulkhead the other end.
Problem was i couldn't remember how the hell i got 12mm ply to behave like spaghetti, so i took to my own blog using the search widget to find pics of the curved galley modules i made over two ye........... a little while back.

Turns out if anyones interested  (i doubt it) in 12mm  you need to cut a kerf 10mm deep at 5mm intervals, so with my table saws 2mm blade you get a 3mm gap between each kerf, fascinating isn't it ....not.

Also because of the angle of the forepeak i didn't want a ninety degree corner but a 120 degree one instead which meant making half a dozen 30 degree add-ons to bolt to the former i made two and a half y..........................recently.

I still have a heap of joinery i've made that needs to go back in which is nice as i don't have the ballache of making many more bits to get the insides upto muster. Another bit i had made a while ago then this weekend started playing with was the ornamental bulkhead that sits over the structural one to finish the anchor locker.

This - in the interests of weight is made up of 6mm ply and framed up with 18mm to take a hinged door so access is available, this will be either screwed in from behind or the front seeing as the insulation and subsequent liner will hide the attachment. 

Just need to topcoat it in the spray shop and that can go in, another job off the list.....................

Cheers