Having had a week away from the boat, i've now drawn up a brief i intend sticking to. It doesn't take away the fact my hearts not really in it but now its about getting the boat to the finish line without going bankrupt.
What has this project taught me, well in my experience so far?
1) Make sure you have the funds before you start.
2) Build a workshop or a shed big enough to work in close proximity to the boat.
3) Have a plan and stick to it.
4) Only use epoxy resin for external/structural apps unless you're looking to go bust and especially when restoring a Centaur, Vinyl or Poly is perfectly adequate just not the strongest.
4) Never buy a boat with the intention of restoring (at least in the UK) as the costs are almost prohibitive (even if the boats free) a fact compounded when viewing the costs of tidy secondhand boats. I was never in this to make a profit but seeing how far secondhand values and fallen through the floor its hard to grasp the fact that what i've spent on this project to date would get me almost any Westerly in very good fettle excluding the Oceanlord and Oceanmaster. That'll give you an idea of what i've spent!
5) Give yourself no more than a year to complete, motivation is hard to maintain after that as well as the cash flow hence rule 1.
So from here on in its neither a pleasure nor a chore just a job that needs expediting....................