Sunday, 7 May 2017

I really don't remember?

Memory is a strange thing especially with the passage of time this project has taken. I guess some of it is too hard to bear so i must have blotted alot out, its only when i've returned to a part of the project and as is now the case, i've forgotten to take any note of the measurements or the methodology that i have had to sit down and figure it back out. 

Not a problem as thats essentially what've been doing for the last 9..................(memory block...............err i mean) last couple of years. Now that i have settled on a design for a couple of storage pods to be fitted up under the foredeck on either side of the forecabin - one end going to the anchor locker but the other finishing two-thirds along the length of the v-berth i wanted a resolved-looking design which naturally included a curved end seeing as it wouldn't meet the new bulkhead the other end.
Problem was i couldn't remember how the hell i got 12mm ply to behave like spaghetti, so i took to my own blog using the search widget to find pics of the curved galley modules i made over two ye........... a little while back.

Turns out if anyones interested  (i doubt it) in 12mm  you need to cut a kerf 10mm deep at 5mm intervals, so with my table saws 2mm blade you get a 3mm gap between each kerf, fascinating isn't it ....not.

Also because of the angle of the forepeak i didn't want a ninety degree corner but a 120 degree one instead which meant making half a dozen 30 degree add-ons to bolt to the former i made two and a half y..........................recently.

I still have a heap of joinery i've made that needs to go back in which is nice as i don't have the ballache of making many more bits to get the insides upto muster. Another bit i had made a while ago then this weekend started playing with was the ornamental bulkhead that sits over the structural one to finish the anchor locker.

This - in the interests of weight is made up of 6mm ply and framed up with 18mm to take a hinged door so access is available, this will be either screwed in from behind or the front seeing as the insulation and subsequent liner will hide the attachment. 

Just need to topcoat it in the spray shop and that can go in, another job off the list.....................

Cheers

1 comment:

essay writing said...

Glad to know that you were able to figure out the solution to your problem. I guess that’s another advantage of documenting your experiences and lessons. Thanks for sharing.